Silent Auction Benefiting Scholarships
Don't miss the FUN and silent auction being held in conjunction with the evening activities at the 2013 PA Dairy Summit on Wednesday, Feb. 6. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Center for Dairy Excellence Foundation of Pennsylvania's Scholarship Fund. If you are unable to attend and would like to bid on an item, contact Emily Yeiser at 717-346-0849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITEMS DONATED FOR SILENT AUCTION INCLUDE:
- 1. A voucher for a custom-made farm sign, donated by Horst Signs and Meadow Spring Farm. It is an aluminum clad sign (40X60), lettered on two sides with farm name and picture of cow or farm in center. Post not included.
- 2. A Calkins Creamery Cheese Basket, donated by Calkins Creamery, featuring fine artisan cheese crafted by cheese maker Emily Bryant Montgomery. Calkins Creamery is an extension of Highland Farms, a registered Holstein dairy in Wayne County.
- 3. An Ice Cream Sundae Gift Basket, donated by Way Har Farms, loaded with all of the fixings for a true ice cream sundae party. Gift card for $35 worth of Way-Har Farms handmade ice cream, toppings, cones and a dipper complete the basket.
- 4. $250 worth of embryo, herd health and/or consultation donated by the Mid-Maryland Dairy Veterinarians. The practice is located in Hagerstown, Md., and includes eight veterinarians who all grew up in farming. They serve the entire Mid-Atlantic area with a one-team approach.
- 5. A custom-painted full-sized milk can, created later, donated by Debbie Cornman Studios, which specializes in custom paintings & hand engravings. Have your family, farm scene or favorite animal painted to display on the milk can.
- 6. An authentic Baltimore Ravens football signed by Terrell Suggs, #55, donated by Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association. Suggs is an All-American linebacker who is now the team's all-time leader in sacks. Suggs is a five-time Pro Bowl and was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2011.
- 7. A two-night state at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center. Use it to take in a football game, see the Nittany Lion Shrine or attend the 2014 Pennsylvania Dairy Summit, which will be held at the Penn Stater next year.
- 8. A collectible white football signed by the complete 2009 team of the Pittsburgh Steelers, donated by the Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association. The 2009 team came back from winning the franchise's record sixth Super Bowl to finish the season with a 9 – 7 record.
- 9. Two Philadelphia Eagles authentic footballs, donated by Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association. One is signed by #81 Jason Avant, who is the Eagle's Wide Receiver and one of the most respected players in the NFL. The other is signed by Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
- 10. A Nittany Lion Shrine print signed by Penn State Football Coach Bill O'Brien, donated by the Penn State Ag Alumni Association. Coach O'Brien completed his first year with the team in 2012 and was named Coach of the Year by multiple associations, including ESPN AT&T.
- 11. Two tickets to the National Harbor Food and Wine Festival, donated by the Pennsylvania Beef Council, which is being held May 4 - 5 at the National Harbor in Washington, D.C. Hold the weekend for this incredible event!
- 12. A Hershey's Gift Basket valued at $100, along with a five-pound chocolate bar, donated by Hershey Foods. Surprise a loved one or sweetheart with this delectable basket just in time for Valentine's Day.
- 13. A one night stay at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort, donated by the Bedford Springs Resort, offering all of the original historical charm of Bedford Springs in a luxury golf and spa resort.
- 14. An Arm & Hammer gift package with collectible Ertl Arm & Hammer 1927 Graham Del. Truck Bank, donated by Church & Dwight.
- 15. An Antique Dairy Basket, donated by Vale Wood Farms, featuring a wooden milk crate filled with a variety of antique dairy collectibles from Vale Wood Farms in Loretto, Pa.
- 16. A quilt featuring birds of North America hand quilted by cousin of the Yeiser family, donated by Spots-Pride Farm, Yeiser family of Arnold, Md.
- 17. "His and hers" gift baskets donated by Harrisburg Dairies, featuring a Harrisburg Dairies-branded shirt and sweater, along with spa items for her and tools for him.
- 18. A basket of red and white wine, complete with wine glasses, donated by Helms Briscoe, to share with your sweetheart on Valentine's Day.
- 19. An ice wine package from Erie, featuring a vidal 2008 vintage and a new Franc'N Berry Cabernet Franc, blended with red raspberry wine. Two local cheeses complete the package, donated by Randy and Paula Meabon.
- 20. A sweetheart package from the Lancaster Host Resort, featuring an overnight stay and gift certificate for a dinner for two, donated by the Lancaster Host Resort.
- 21. A custom-designed farm brochure and fact sheet, donated by Jayne Sebright, to be developed after the Summit with photos and information to showcase the dairy and farm business.
- 22. A one-night spa package, donated by the Hotel Hershey, which includes a one-night stay, in-room spa amenities, admission to the Hershey Gardens and Hershey Story, and a $200 gift certificate for spa goods and services.
- 23. A framed and numbered print of "Angel Twins," recently released and donated by the Bonnie Mohr Studio, in Glencoe, Minn. The 11 ½" by 13 ¾" print is numbered 66 out of 2,000 and features two baby Holstein calves standing with their mom.
- 24. A framed and numbered print of "Babe," recently released and donated by the Bonnie Mohr Studio, in Glencoe, Minn. The 11 ½" by 13 ¾" print is numbered 66 out of 2,000 and features a Holstein cow standing in the meadow.